Direction Jacket - Olive Denim
A boxy denim jacket with a front patch pocket, made from mid-weight organic cotton denim. The jacket features contrast topstitching along the edges and fastens at the front with nickel-free metal tacks.
FABRICS & CERTIFICATIONS
- 12oz 100% organic cotton denim.
- Our cotton is organically farmed and free from chemical sprays and genetically modified seeds to benefit the soil and farmers.
- Finished with OEKO-TEX certified nickel-free tacks made in Germany.
- Washed and dyed using Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) approved processes, which ensure the sustainable use and treatment of water.
- This garment is made in a transparent supply chain, which works with fair trade certified farmers and manufacturers from seed to garment
About the brand:
Gosia Piatek’s ethical values motivated her to launch Kowtow in 2007 and her unwavering commitment to them ever since has propelled the womenswear brand to the forefront of the conscious fashion industry. The label’s namesake Kowtow is taken from the Chinese term Kòutóu: a traditional custom of bowing to pay respect. Such mindful reverence is a running theme through all elements of the label’s ethical design process. Organic cotton, Merino, denim and exclusive prints are designed in house in New Zealand before being sewn into the brand’s signature minimalist silhouettes. Kowtow’s aesthetic is not compromised by its ethical ethos. Rather, it perfectly pairs its contemporary clothing with an equally modern message.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2007 by Gosia Piatek, Kowtow is a label committed to creating positive change. We make a conscious decision to only use renewable and sustainable fibres and ethical manufacturing to deliver collections that are utilitarian, minimal and carry an understated sense of femininity.