A long sleeve shirt with an a-line shape, made from organic cotton poplin. The shirt features a wide collar and full gathered sleeves with a narrow button cuff.
FABRICS & CERTIFICATIONS
- 100% organic cotton poplin.
- Our cotton is organically farmed and free from chemical sprays and genetically modified seeds to benefit the soil and farmers.
- Finished with natural agoya shell buttons.
- Dyed with Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) approved inks and dyes, which are free from chlorine bleach, toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde and aromatic solvents.
- This garment is made in a transparent supply chain, which works with fair trade certified farmers and manufacturers from seed to garment.
About the brand:
Gosia Piatek’s ethical values motivated her to launch Kowtow in 2007 and her unwavering commitment to them ever since has propelled the womenswear brand to the forefront of the conscious fashion industry. The label’s namesake Kowtow is taken from the Chinese term Kòutóu: a traditional custom of bowing to pay respect. Such mindful reverence is a running theme through all elements of the label’s ethical design process. Organic cotton, Merino, denim and exclusive prints are designed in house in New Zealand before being sewn into the brand’s signature minimalist silhouettes. Kowtow’s aesthetic is not compromised by its ethical ethos. Rather, it perfectly pairs its contemporary clothing with an equally modern message.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2007 by Gosia Piatek, Kowtow is a label committed to creating positive change. We make a conscious decision to only use renewable and sustainable fibres and ethical manufacturing to deliver collections that are utilitarian, minimal and carry an understated sense of femininity.