Nico Wrap Dress
A mid-length wrap dress with a full pleated skirt, made from a smooth tencel twill. The dress has a relaxed fit, side seam pockets and features wide sleeves that finish below the elbow.
FABRICS & CERTIFICATIONS
- 60% organic cotton 40% Lenzing® tencel.
- Processed in Austria, Lenzing® tencel is a natural and biodegradable fibre made using wood pulp from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified forests. This tencel yarn is woven with organic cotton, which is grown free from chemical sprays to benefit the soil and farmers.
- Finished with recycled hemp buttons made in Italy.
- Dyed with Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) approved inks and dyes, which are free from chlorine bleach, toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde and aromatic solvents.
- This garment is made in a certified, ethical and transparent supply chain.
About the brand:
Gosia Piatek’s ethical values motivated her to launch Kowtow in 2007 and her unwavering commitment to them ever since has propelled the womenswear brand to the forefront of the conscious fashion industry. The label’s namesake Kowtow is taken from the Chinese term Kòutóu: a traditional custom of bowing to pay respect. Such mindful reverence is a running theme through all elements of the label’s ethical design process. Organic cotton, Merino, denim and exclusive prints are designed in house in New Zealand before being sewn into the brand’s signature minimalist silhouettes. Kowtow’s aesthetic is not compromised by its ethical ethos. Rather, it perfectly pairs its contemporary clothing with an equally modern message.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2007 by Gosia Piatek, Kowtow is a label committed to creating positive change. We make a conscious decision to only use renewable and sustainable fibres and ethical manufacturing to deliver collections that are utilitarian, minimal and carry an understated sense of femininity.