Classic Jeans – Black Denim
Mid-rise jeans with a straight leg, made from a 100% certified Fairtrade 12oz mid-weight organic cotton denim that is rigid with no stretch. A classic 5 pocket denim design with a standard fit, that fastens at the front fly with nickel-free tacks.
- Designed in New Zealand
- Ethically Made in India (FLO & SAAS cert.)
- 100% Fairtrade organic cotton 12oz denim.
• This garment is plastic-free and is created using the principles of circular design, with full seed-to-garment traceability.
• Single fibre: Made from 100% certified Fairtrade organic cotton grown from non-genetically modified seeds, without harmful chemicals.
• Natural Labels: All Kowtow's garment labels are Oeko-Tex Standard 100% approved organic cotton. Our swing tags are made from certified GRS recycled organic cotton card, a by-product of our fabric offcuts, attached with a certified organic cotton cord.
• Inks, dyes and washes: Processed using Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) approved inks and dyes, free from chlorine bleach, toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde and aromatic solvents.
• Thread: Sewn with Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) approved organic cotton thread.
• Designed to sit high on the waist, with a standard fit. Our Denim is pre-washed and the fabric will relax with wear.
Brit is wearing a Kowtow size XS.
Size Guide (cm)
Consider repair before replacing your garment. For minor damages, Kowtow offer complimentary repairs. This includes repairing seams, broken stitching, small holes or tears, and replacing buttons when available. Knitwear & Building Block repairs are done on assessment.
For larger rips or stains, Kowtow offer the Japanese mending technique Sashiko. This hand-sewn repair is about valuing and extending the life of the garment by not only strengthening it, but taking the time to make it beautiful as well. This service is bespoke for a small fee. Bring your beloved Kowtow garment into their Wellington or Newmarket store for an assessment. If you are an online customer, please email them for repair advice at firstname.lastname@example.org including photos of your garment.
Gosia Piatek’s ethical values motivated her to launch Kowtow in 2007 and her unwavering commitment to them ever since has propelled the womenswear brand to the forefront of the conscious fashion industry.
The label’s namesake Kowtow is taken from the Chinese term Kòutóu: a traditional custom of bowing to pay respect. Such mindful reverence is a running theme through all elements of the label’s ethical design process. Organic cotton, Merino, denim and exclusive prints are designed in house in New Zealand before being sewn into the brand’s signature minimalist silhouettes. Kowtow’s aesthetic is not compromised by its ethical ethos. Rather, it perfectly pairs its contemporary clothing with an equally modern message.
Founded in 2007 by Gosia Piatek, Kowtow is a label committed to creating positive change. We make a conscious decision to only use renewable and sustainable fibres and ethical manufacturing to deliver collections that are utilitarian, minimal and carry an understated sense of femininity.