Barrel Jacket - Black
A boxy jacket with a wide a-line sleeve, made from organic cotton corduroy. It features both front welt pockets and an internal chest pocket and fastens at the front with nickel-free tacks.
- Designed in New Zealand
- Ethically Made in India (FLO & SAAS cert.)
- 100% Fairtrade organic (GOTS) cotton corduroy
Fabrics & Certifications:
• Made from 100% Fairtrade organic cotton corduroy.
• Organic cotton is a natural, biodegradable, and renewable resource grown from non-genetically modified seeds, without harmful chemicals. It requires 91% less water to grow than conventional cotton, and is rain-fed, hand-picked, and processed using Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) approved inks and dyes.
• All of Kowtow's garments are certified by FLO and made in a traceable supply chain, which works with Fairtrade certified farmers and manufacturers from seed to garment.
• Designed for a relaxed fit.
• For best fit buy your true size based on our size guide or size down one size for a closer fit.
• Mouchette is wearing a Kowtow size S. Her measurements are:
Height: 169cm / 5' 6½"
Bust: 86cm / 34"
Waist: 65.5cm / 26"
Hips: 90.5cm / 35 ½"
Size Guide (cm)
Consider repair before replacing your garment. For minor damages, Kowtow offer complimentary repairs. This includes repairing seams, broken stitching, small holes or tears, and replacing buttons when available. Knitwear & Building Block repairs are done on assessment.
For larger rips or stains, Kowtow offer the Japanese mending technique Sashiko. This hand-sewn repair is about valuing and extending the life of the garment by not only strengthening it, but taking the time to make it beautiful as well. This service is bespoke for a small fee. Bring your beloved Kowtow garment into their Wellington or Newmarket store for an assessment. If you are an online customer, please email them for repair advice at email@example.com including photos of your garment.
About the brand:
Gosia Piatek’s ethical values motivated her to launch Kowtow in 2007 and her unwavering commitment to them ever since has propelled the womenswear brand to the forefront of the conscious fashion industry. The label’s namesake Kowtow is taken from the Chinese term Kòutóu: a traditional custom of bowing to pay respect. Such mindful reverence is a running theme through all elements of the label’s ethical design process. Organic cotton, Merino, denim and exclusive prints are designed in house in New Zealand before being sewn into the brand’s signature minimalist silhouettes. Kowtow’s aesthetic is not compromised by its ethical ethos. Rather, it perfectly pairs its contemporary clothing with an equally modern message.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2007 by Gosia Piatek, Kowtow is a label committed to creating positive change. We make a conscious decision to only use renewable and sustainable fibres and ethical manufacturing to deliver collections that are utilitarian, minimal and carry an understated sense of femininity.